Terms & Conditions
- These terms
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we sell and supply products to you through and via our website at www.hettich.co.uk.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or cancel the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
- What these terms do not cover. We cannot sell any of the following products through our website at www.hettich.co.uk: Rolex, Tudor, Cartier or Patek Philippe. Further, we cannot supply any item or order with a total value in excess of £50,000 (including applicable taxes).
- Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Hettich Jewellers Limited a company registered in Jersey. Our company registration number is 49221 and our registered office is at 1 King Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 4WF. Our registered GST number is 551.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning us at 01534 734491, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Hettich Jewellers Limited, 1 King Street, St Helier, Jersey JE2 4WF.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
- Our contract with you
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we send you a confirmation email to accept it and provided that full payment for the product has been made, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not plan for or because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product.
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order by sending you a confirmation email. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- We only sell through and via our website at www.hettich.co.uk to the Channel Islands and the United Kingdom Our website is solely for the promotion and sale of our products in and to the Channel Islands and the United Kingdom. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from or deliver to addresses outside the Channel Islands or the United Kingdom.
- Our products
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, because our products are hand assembled , the sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website have a degree of tolerance.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website
- Your rights to make changes If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see 58- Your rights to end the contract).
- Our rights to make changes
Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
- (a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- (b) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
- More significant changes to or substitution of the products In addition we may need to make more significant changes to or substitute the products, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes or substitution takes effect and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received.
- Changes to these terms. We may change these terms, but if we do so after you have entered into a contract with us subject to them we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received.
- Providing the products
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery is free of charge
When we will provide the products.
- We will deliver the products to you as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 30 days after the day on which we accept your order (unless you have agreed a longer delivery time with us).
- For deliveries to the United Kingdom - if the item is in stock and the order is placed before 2pm we will aim to dispatch your order the next day (excluding Sundays and bank holidays).
- Orders being dispatched to the United Kingdom that are under £1,000 (including applicable tax) will be delivered using the Royal Mail next day delivery service.
- Orders being dispatched to the United Kingdom that are £1,000 or over (including applicable tax) will be delivered by HR Air a courier service (which may also use its own third party distributors in the United Kingdom for final delivery).
- For deliveries within Jersey we will use a next day (excluding Sundays and public holidays) hand delivery service to any Jersey address.
- For deliveries to the remainder of the Channel Islands we will use the Jersey Post’s next day delivery services.
- All deliveries must be signed for on receipt.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- Collection by you. If you have asked to collect the products from our premises, you can collect them from us at any time during our working hours of 9.30-17:00, Monday to Saturday (excluding public holidays).
- If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and sign for the products, the delivery provider will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract.
- When you become responsible for the goods. A product will be your responsibility from the time the product is delivered to the address you gave us or you or a carrier organised by you collect it from us.
- When you own goods. You will own the product once we have received payment in full.
- What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We will need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you, for example, home address, name, email and phone number. If you do not supply the required information to us, we will contact you to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- (a) deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- (b) update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- (c) make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see 26).
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than  days and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product.
- Packaging. All orders will be dispatched in our jewellery or watch boxes gift wrapped inside a plain packing delivery box with no mention of our name on the outside.
- Your rights to end the contract
You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought and whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 10;
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see 8.2;
- If you have just changed your mind about the product, see use 8.3. You are able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods.
Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided. The reasons are:
- (a) we have told you about a change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see 6.2 and clause 6.3);
- (b) we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- (c) there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- (d) we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than  days; or
- (e) you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- Exercising your right to change your mind. For most products bought online you have a legal right, under the Distance Selling (Jersey) Law 2007, to change your mind and cancel the contract within 7 working days of your receipt of the goods and receive a refund (working days being all days other than Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays).
Our goodwill guarantee. Please note, though, that these terms reflect the goodwill guarantee offered by us which is more generous than your legal rights under the Distance Selling (Jersey) Law 2007 in the way set out below. This goodwill guarantee does not affect your legal rights in relation to faulty or misdescribed products (see clause 10.2):
Right under the Distance Selling (Jersey) Law 2007 How our goodwill guarantee is more generous 7 working day period from the date of receipt of the goods to change your mind. 14 day period from the date of receipt of the goods to change your mind.
- How to end the contract with us (including cancelling it if you have changed your mind)
Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- (a) Phone or email. Call us on 01534 734491 or email us at email@example.com. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- (b) By post. Write to us at Hettich Jewellers Limited, 1 King Street, St Helier, Jersey JE2 4WF, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
- Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us.
To arrange a return of your product to us, please contact us on 01534 734491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Returns from the United Kingdom will be collected by HR Air (or their partner or affiliate) within 48 hours of you contacting us to arrange the return and someone must be at the collection address between 9.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on the day of collection.
Returns from within Jersey can be brought into the store or we can arrange a collection when you contact us.
We will arrange a collection when you contact us to arrange a return from the remainder of the Channel Islands.
When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- (a) if the products are faulty or misdescribed; or
- (b) if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
- In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind and cancel the contract) you must pay the costs of return.
- What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection.
- How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind and cancel the contract we will deduct any of our direct costs of collection from your refund of the price.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days after the day on which you notify us that you wish to change your mind and cancel the contract.
- Your duty to take reasonable care of the products. Please note that if you cancel the contract you will have a statutory duty under the Distance Selling (Jersey) Law 2007 to take reasonable care of the products.
- If there is a problem with the product
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone us on 01534 734491, email us at email@example.com or write to us at Hettich Jewellers Limited, 1 King Street, St Helier, Jersey JE2 4WF. Alternatively, please speak to one of our staff in-store.
- Your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that conform to contract. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
- Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject any products you must either return them in person, send them back to us or allow us to collect them from you. If you are legally entitled to reject the product, we will pay the costs of postage or collection. You can telephone us on 01534 734491, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Hettich Jewellers Limited, 1 King Street, St Helier, Jersey JE2 4WF to arrange a collection.
- Price and payment
- Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product is the price indicated on the website page when you placed your order but please note that the applicable tax will vary as stated in clause 11.2. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 11.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- GST and VAT. The prices on our website are Jersey retail prices which include GST (Jersey goods and services tax) at 5%. For orders to be shipped to the United Kingdom, VAT (United Kingdom value added tax) at a rate of 20% will be applied and GST at 5% will be removed when items are added to the basket. GST will be removed for deliveries to the rest of the Channel Islands. If you are not Jersey based and collect an item from the store you are eligible to claim back the 5% GST using the GST refund scheme.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable care, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with Visa, Mastercard and American Express. You must pay for the product in full when you order it.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are not responsible to you for any unforeseeable loss or damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms or the contract between us we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit or revenue, any loss of business or contracts, any business interruption or loss of business opportunity or for any loss of goodwill or any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- How we may use your personal information
- How we may use your personal information. We will only use your personal information as set out in our Privacy Statement at: https://hettich-jewellers-jersey.myshopify.com/pages/privacy-statement.
- Other important terms
- We may transfer this contract to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. However, you may transfer our guarantee at clause 8.4 to a person who has acquired the product. We may require the person to whom the guarantee is transferred to provide reasonable evidence that they are now the owner of the relevant item or property.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone we transfer this contract to or you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, except as explained in clause 14.1 in respect of our transfer of the contract and clause 14.2 in respect of our guarantee.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the clauses of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where legal proceedings can be brought. These terms are governed by Jersey law. The courts of Jersey have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of this contract.